Following the first release Formation: Building a Reliable Foundation, Mission: Invitation to the Adventure of Life, from General Editor Steve Gladen, is the second Episode in the Small Group Life series. Being “on mission” no longer JUST means occasional trips or life-long commitments to missions work. Today, “missional” is understood in a much broader sense—extending into an actual lifestyle, as opposed to a single event, that includes a passion for people everywhere and a mind set on Jesus’ charge to take care of the poor, brokenhearted, and disenfranchised. The process of becoming missional begins with surrender and ends in life stewardship. Its trail winds through our heart, comfort zones, and the dead areas of our existence. Exploring fundamental influences such as surrender, intention, and discomfort through this study will empower any group to live missionally with significance and passion.
Mission is divided into six different areas chose to best move small groups into a lifestyle suited for the missional journey to which we have been called:
- On Mission
- Each Small Group Life Episode can be used as a 6- or 12-week study.
- Six missional challenges included in each Episode (book).
- Leader notes are embedded in each study.
- Scripture commentary is located in the back of each scene.
- Every lesson is rooted in Scripture and is adherent to sound biblical teaching.
- Free downloadable lesson ideas for kids in kindergarten through sixth grade.
- Free downloadable videos for each lesson.
- Leader’s Guide included.
- Includes family devotional ideas.
Order by visiting www.lifeway.com/sgl or by calling 800-458-2772. Available for shipping NOW!
What Does the Bible Say About…?
- Taking Risks
- Being a Christian
- A Thankful Attitude
- Other Gods
- Decisions We Make
These studies are inexpensive and are available as a download from the smallgroupmaterials.com website. They include 10 minute videos ($2.99) as well as downloadable discusssion questions for the group facillitator. Nine studies have been released in the “What Does the Bible Say About…” series, and four more are expected to be ready soon.
Many additional studies on various topics are also available from the same website. All are user friendly and inexpensive.