Building Biblical Community is a 4 session group experience designed by Steve Gladen and Bill Donahue to help members understand what it means to belong in a small group, know how to live in community and do life together, discover mission, and learn the importance of “story” in group life. This new resource—developed and written by two of the foremost small-group authorities—helps members understand what it means to belong in a small group, know how to live in community, discover missions, and learn the importance of “story” in group life.
- Churches starting a small-group ministry
- Churches adding new groups
- Churches wanting a church-wide campaign for building community
- Struggling groups
Celebrating Community: a biblical community looks for reasons to celebrate; Jesus modeled this even in the hours before being arrested in Gethsemane
Learning Community: God created us to be learners; community is perhaps the best context for individual learning as members engage truth, seek to understand, and put learning into practice
Loving Community: draws from 1 Corinthians 13 to develop the notion that love is central to biblical community: a community that loves God completely, loves others compassionately, loves self correctly, and loves the world courageously
Service Community: examines the reasons service seems so “heavy” by identifying the barriers to service within the church and broader community
- 1 interactive DVD with authors teaching and leading group discussions and introducing and modeling exercises
- Member Book with leader notes
- 5 leader tip segments from Steve Gladen and Bill Donohue directed to the leader
- Warm-up activities
- Discussion questions
- Case studies
Order yours HERE.